First Class Book List
First CLASS BOOK LIST/Ms Whelan 2018– 2019
Books & Materials to be Purchased:
Busy at Maths 1stClass (CJFallons)
Tables Champion 1stClass (Educate.ie)
New Wave Mental Maths 1stClass (Prim Ed)
Two Little Frogs Reader & Activity Book (Folens)
Just Phonics 1st Class &My Spelling Booklet (Educate)
All Write Now (Pre-cursive) Handwriting 1st Class (Folens)
6 x A4 Plastic Wallets
1 x A5 Hardback Copy (Not Spiral Bound)
4 x Maths Copies (10mm squared)
2 x Writing Copies (88pg/A11)
4 x Project Copy
2 x Nature Copy
1 x Display Folder (40pages)
HB Pencils x2, Eraser, Sharpener, Colouring Pencils/Twistables, Glue Stick x 2, Whiteboard Markers x2, Safety Scissors
1st Class School Sundries & Expenses:
SHNS HOMEWORK JOURNAL: €3.00
PUPIL INSURANCE: €9.00
BOOK RENTAL €18.00
ART & CRAFTS MATERIALS / PHOTOCOPYING: €15.00
GYMNASTICS(5 weeks): €10.00
Payments due by Friday 07 September 2018.
If you have difficulty paying the monies due, please contact the school office to arrange an instalment plan. Any costs paid in instalments (as agreed with the school), will go towards the school costs in order, as listed as per booklist.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL BOOKS, COPIES AND FOLDERS ARE LABELLED WITH YOUR CHILD’S FULL NAME WRITTEN CLEARLY ON THE FRONT COVER
UNIFORM / PE JUMPERS TO BE LABELLED ALSO.
Sacred Heart N.S Book Rental Scheme:
In the present financial climate it is important to keep costs to parents/guardians to a minimum. The Board of Management will continue to introduce and expand on our school book rental scheme.
To provide the options of a cost effective school book rental scheme to all families in our school community.
• The scheme is voluntary. Booklists will be supplied to parents/guardians in the normal way
• An annual rental charge will apply. Payment of the charge will secure the rental of all relevant textbooks listed in the booklist as and when required throughout the school year.
• Purchase of workbooks, disposable materials and stationary will remain outside the scope of this scheme and remain the responsibility of parents/guardians
• To qualify for admission to the scheme the rental charge must be paid in September.
• Each parent/guardian will be required to sign a receipt for the books supplied which will remain property of the school.
• Membership of the scheme is at the discretion of the Board of Management. Any pupil found to be abusing, defacing or disposing of rental books will be dismissed from the scheme and will be required to supply their own textbooks for the remainder of their time in the school
• If books are lost or damaged full payment for the book or replacement will be required for re-admission to the scheme
• The children receive their books when they return to school in September. The books are then returned to the school at the end of June.
• Books supplied under the scheme may be new or second hand at the discretion of the Board of Management
The following books are available under the Book Rental Scheme at a cost of €18.00.
If not availing of the scheme, these books must be purchased. See sample prices below which have been taken from schoolbooksireland.ie
Gaeilge – AbairLiomC (Folens) €13.45
LéighsaBhaileLeabhar A (CJ Fallon) €13.55
English – My Read At Home Book 1 (CJFallon) €13.05
Finn’s Dream Reader (Folens) €6.90
The Four Friends Reader (Folens) €8.20
Total Cost to Buy New: €55.15