Junior Infants Book list
JUNIOR INFANTS BOOK LIST /
Ms Bohanna 2018– 2019
Books & Materials to be Purchased:
Busy At Maths Junior Infants – Pupil Book & Home School Links (CJ Fallon)
Just Phonics Junior Infants – 42 Sounds Book (Educate)
All Write Now Handwriting Junior Infants (Folens)
1 x A4 Plastic Wallet-Labelled ‘Class Folder.’
1 x A4 Mesh Folder-Labelled ‘Homework folder.’
1 x A5 plastic wallet–Labelled ‘Words Folder’
1 x Maths Copy (10mm squared)
3 x Project Copy
2 x Blank/Plain copy (40pg)
2 x Nature Copy
2 x A4 Scrapbook (40pages)(1 to be labelled ‘Cutting activities’& 1 to be labelled ‘SESE’)
Triangular Pencils x2, Eraser, Sharpener, Colour Pencils/Twistables, Glue Stick x 3, Whiteboard markers x 2 (black)
PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL BOOKS, COPIES AND FOLDERS ARE LABELLED WITH YOUR CHILD’S FULL NAME WRITTEN CLEARLY ON THE FRONT COVER
UNIFORM / PE JUMPERS TO BE LABELLED ALSO.
Junior Infants School Sundries Expenses:
PUPIL INSURANCE: €9.00
BOOK RENTAL (CLASS READERS) €15.00
SIGHT AND SOUNDS INFANT BOOK € 2.00
ART & CRAFTS MATERIALS / PHOTOCOPYING: €15.00
GYMNASTICS (5 weeks): €10.00
Payments due by Friday 08 September 2018.
If you have difficulty paying the monies due, please contact the school office to arrange an instalment plan. Any costs paid in instalments (as agreed with the school), will go towards the school costs in order, as listed as per booklist.
Sacred Heart N.S Book Rental Scheme:
In the present financial climate it is important to keep costs to parents/guardians to a minimum. The Board of Management will continue to introduce and expand on our school book rental scheme.
To provide the options of a cost effective school book rental scheme to all families in our school community.
• The scheme is voluntary. Booklists will be supplied to parents/guardians in the normal way
• An annual rental charge will apply. Payment of the charge will secure the rental of all relevant textbooks listed in the booklist as and when required throughout the school year.
• Purchase of workbooks, disposable materials and stationary will remain outside the scope of this scheme and remain the responsibility of parents/guardians
• To qualify for admission to the scheme the rental charge must be paid in September.
• Each parent/guardian will be required to sign a receipt for the books supplied which will remain property of the school.
• Membership of the scheme is at the discretion of the Board of Management. Any pupil found to be abusing, defacing or disposing of rental books will be dismissed from the scheme and will be required to supply their own textbooks for the remainder of their time in the school
• If books are lost or damaged full payment for the book or replacement will be required for re-admission to the scheme
• The children receive their books when they return to school in September. The books are then returned to the school at the end of June.
• Books supplied under the scheme may be new or second hand at the discretion of the Board of Management
The following books are available under the Book Rental Scheme at a cost of €15.00.
If not availing of the scheme, these books must be purchased. See sample prices below which have been taken from schoolbooksireland.ie
Gaeilge – AbairLiomBook A (Folens) €10.95
English Readers – Look Out Teddy € 5.20
The Lost Ball € 5.20
Splash € 5.20
Reading Zone 6 (Supplementary Reading Books) €19.90
Total Cost to Buy New: €46.45