Senior Infants Book List
SENIOR INFANTS BOOK LIST /
Ms Whelan 2018– 2019
Books & Materials to be Purchased:
Busy At Maths Senior Infants – Pupil Book & Home School Links (CJ Fallon)
Just Phonics Senior Infants & My Sounds Booklet (Educate) All Write Now (Pre-cursive) Handwriting Senior Infants (Folens)
6 x A4 Plastic Wallets
1x A5 Hardback Copy (Not Spiral Bound)
2 x Maths Copies (10mm squared)
1 x Writing Copies (88pg/A11)
5 x Project Copy
2 x Nature Copy
1x Display Folder (40pages)
HB Pencils x2, Eraser, Sharpener, Colouring Pencils/Twistables, Glue Stick x 2, Whiteboard Markers x2, Safety Scissors
PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL BOOKS, COPIES AND FOLDERS ARE LABELLED WITH YOUR CHILD’S FULL NAME WRITTEN CLEARLY ON THE FRONT COVER
UNIFORM / PE JUMPERS TO BE LABELLED ALSO.
Senior Infants School Sundries & Expenses:
PUPIL INSURANCE: €9.00
BOOK RENTAL €16.00
ART & CRAFTS MATERIALS / PHOTOCOPYING: €15.00
GYMNASTICS(5 weeks): €10.00
Payments due by Friday 07 September 2018.
If you have difficulty paying the monies due, please contact the school office to arrange an instalment plan. Any costs paid in instalments (as agreed with the school), will go towards the school costs in order, as listed as per booklist.
Sacred Heart N.S Book Rental Scheme:
In the present financial climate it is important to keep costs to parents/guardians to a minimum. The Board of Management will continue to introduce and expand on our school book rental scheme.
To provide the options of a cost effective school book rental scheme to all families in our school community.
• The scheme is voluntary. Booklists will be supplied to parents/guardians in the normal way
• An annual rental charge will apply. Payment of the charge will secure the rental of all relevant textbooks listed in
the booklist as and when required throughout the school year.
• Purchase of workbooks, disposable materials and stationary will remain outside the scope of this scheme and remain
the responsibility of parents/guardians
• To qualify for admission to the scheme the rental charge must be paid in September.
• Each parent/guardian will be required to sign a receipt for the books supplied which will remain property of the
• Membership of the scheme is at the discretion of the Board of Management. Any pupil found to be abusing, defacing or
disposing of rental books will be dismissed from the scheme and will be required to supply their own textbooks for
the remainder of their time in the school
• If books are lost or damaged full payment for the book or replacement will be required for re-admission to the scheme
• The children receive their books when they return to school in September. The books are then returned to the school
at the end of June.
• Books supplied under the scheme may be new or second hand at the discretion of the Board of Management
The following books are available under the Book Rental Scheme at a cost of €16.00.
If not availing of the scheme, these books must be purchased. See sample prices below which have been taken from schoolbooksireland.ie
Gaeilge AbairLiom B (Folens) €11.45
English The Big Horse €5.80
What A Mess! €5.80
Stop That Dog €5.80
Reading Zone 6 (Supplementary Reading Books) €19.90
Total Cost to Buy New: €48.75